When raffles set up shop at the Royal Monceau in Paris, the group inaugurated its first establishment in Europe. For a long time the group had contented itself with its presence in singapore where its only hotel, built in 1887, had become a true legend among travellers.
The Royal Monceau now belongs to Gatari Diar, a wholly-owned subsidiary of the Gatar investment authority, the sovereign wealth fund of Gatar, which invested over 100 million euros in the hotel. The decoration is the work of designer Philippe STARCK, and it combines impertinence with elegance. Everything is “just right” and yet so new. At the foot of the hotel’s wide main hall staircase, clad in warm wood and mirrors, doors open onto a white paradise. Welcome to the very first Spa my blend by Clarins where luxurious simplicity, an inherent characteristic of the hotel, is everywhere.
Extract from n°27 of EMOTION SPA Magazine
Byr Isabelle CHARRIER
► Dear reader, to read the rest of this report, order the SPECIAL HOTELIERS issue, please click here
► Discover the first pages of this report online below:
- Join the FORUM HOTel&SPA for its 6th edition
- Omnisens at O’balia, Balaruc-les-Bains A creative partnership!
- NEW Spa my Blend by Clarins at the Majestic Barriere in Cannes
- The world’s top service orientated Spas revealed
- ILTM Spa: The Focus for an Emerging Industry
- 6th Luxury Forum HOTel&SPA: Register now
- The all-new Spa at Le Meurice and Valmont have imagined "Pretty Bride", the ultimate, personalised beauty regime for the most stunning bride
- SPAMEETING Europe & Africa, an international matching
- STARWELLNESS is managing the Spa at the Barmes de l’Ours hotel
- Olfactory vinotherapy, grape-based treatments for an olfactory journey which can be discovered through the seasons