THE TREATMENT: Organic facial
BRAND: Charme d’Orient
The brand finds its source in creator Yasmina ZERROUG’s admiration for Oriental beauty traditions. Faithful to its roots, this revitalizing treatment is a journey for the senses using traditional active ingredients. The entire organic skincare range was created not only with essential oils but with argan oil, prickly pear seed oil and nigella oil, considered to be “remedial” and “sacred” oils.
The practitioner starts by cleansing the face in two steps, first with a gentle cleansing milk, then with aleppo soap, the ancestor of hard bar soaps, rather surprisingly fresh but its antiseptic and antibacterial properties are ideal for starting a facial. The treatment continues with the intriguing chick pea scrub! This original creation was inspired by Yasmina’s childhood memories of the women’s incredibly soft hands, softened by preparing semolina for the daily meals! With this scrub, I could feel how semolina grains are so much softer than mineral exfoliators and therefore great for sensitive skins. The practitioner then applies the nourishing face mask and, while my skin is soaking up all the benefits, she performs a 15min arm and hand massage, with a light massage and bath oil. After removing the excess mask, a second face mask with royal jelly and honey is applied to repair and soften the skin. The last step, the divine massage performed with alum, the therapeutic mineral that tones and cleanses the skin whist preserving its moisture. The final touch is the application of a light day cream. Result: my skin feels nourished, moisturised and more resilient, which comes in useful when fighting particularly harsh winter aggressions. My skin is smooth and glowing and the well-being sensation has spread to my entire body!
RETAIL: Organic skincare range, from 16 to 34 euros. DURATION: 60 or 30 min.
PRICE: 67 euros or 48 euros.
MY OPINION: This treatment is an ideal introduction to the brand’s whole range of organic skincare and a wonderful opportunity to re-discover the secrets of Oriental beauty in a more contemporary manner. A real journey of the senses that leaves you feeling totally relaxed and the moisturising and strengthening effects of the facial can be felt for days. The textures are divine and the fragrances are discreet, not over-powering. Between each step of the facial, the skin is toned with cotton pads soaked in rose water, providing an opportunity to fully appreciate the treatment with refreshing pauses. The possibility to enjoy a shorter and more economical version with a 1/2h treatment is a great idea for busy urban women!
► Discover below, some pages of this magazine online:
23/03/2012 - Organic alum balm by CHARME d’ORIENT
28/07/2011 - Bio by CHARME D'ORIENT
- Amat Health & Beauty enters centre stage at the Hotel Casino Barrière, Lille
- @BC SPA Management joins SkinCeuticals at So SPA Marseille and Keiraõ Spa Paris
- Join the FORUM HOTel& SPA for the 6th edition June 20th, at the George V Hotel, Paris
- New wellnesstub from Trautwein in Spa-suite of the Kulm Hotel St. Moritz/Switzerland
- GAMMA MG BROSS, well-being furniture
- Minimum time, maximum results at Canyon Ranch Hotel & Spa, Miami Beach
- New generation of electronic control technology which facilitates the treatment itself as well as the preparation and post-treatment
- With its mountain environment and new equipment, the Hermitage SPA in Cervinia is prepared to offer its guests the absolute best in terms of personal
- UK’s 1st Guerlain Spa
- Join the FORUM HOTel&SPA for its 6th edition